Communications Plan Template
Elder Care Alert Canada
Situation Analysis/ Problem
Many new companies are entering the elder care emergency medical market and creating products like ours. But they are not performing anything like us. They’re cheating customers, providing bad services, ripping off old people. This behaviour has attracted bad media attention and we’re being lumped in with everyone. The value of our stock has dropped slightly.
Problem: Need to promote ECAC’s success, honesty and integrity. Increase consumer trust and confidence.
- In business 10 years
- Received awards and commendations
- Saved lives
- Quick and personable services provided by ECAC
- Reported $3.3 million in assets in 2017
- Being included in negative press surrounding competitions’ poor behaviour/ service
- Value of stock has dropped slightly due to negative industry press
- They have a solid reputation
- No major complaints
- Working on ways to improve products and services
- Competition’s reputations could drag down ECAC’s
- Many seniors are a fixed income. This product and service needs to be affordable for them
- People are living longer and will need elder care as they age
- Seniors want to stay in their homes and be safe
- Other companies are developing technology to compete
We need to research the following:
- benefits of our products/ services
- stats on number of seniors living alone in Canada
- stats on how many customers we currently work with, and how many we have worked with in the past
- how many lives have we saved and other relevant stats
- compile positive media stories in our history
Mostly secondary research but could do some primary research by talking to our satisfied customers to get testimonials via focus groups and interviews.
Seniors (current and future consumers)
- Consumers- they keep us in business. They need to work with a trustworthy company. They want this type of care and to feel safe in their homes.
- Media- they can help spread our messages and we can distance ourselves from the competition. They are always looking for human interest stories. This is content they need.
- Employees of ECAC- they know the mission, vision and values of our company and can act as unofficial spokespeople. Sales people can potentially increase sales by spreading positive messages to their clients.
Research methods needed to understand stakeholders
We can draw on our own up to date data of our customers’ needs and wants.
Do some quick phone interviews with some recent customers to get some fresh feedback and soundbites.
Increase consumer trust and confidence.
To increase positive media coverage about our company by 70% within 60 days.
Interview 10 current customers to compile 10 positive feedback comments for press materials within seven days.
Get 10 positive customer testimonials within seven days to use in media relations strategy.
To achieve a score of eight out of 10 on a customer satisfaction survey we will perform on 50 current customers within the next seven days.
At least 80% of employees feel they have the tools they need to confidently deliver our values to potential and new customers within two weeks.
To increase comprehension by consumers of ECAC’s key messages by 70% within 30 days.
Execute five community bbq’s in the next two months for seniors in our five biggest markets in Canada to increase interest in ECAC’s products and services.
We are using proactive strategies such as media relations, consumer relations, community relations and internal communications. These will help us cover our key audiences. We’re getting ahead of any negative press in case it becomes a bigger issue in the media.
ECAC cares about its customers.
ECAC has saved over 100 lives in the past 10 years with our best in class products and service.
ECAC allows older citizens to safely live alone with the assurance that they can receive assistance immediately if there is a medical emergency.
- Write news release, backgrounders, Q&A, fact sheets
- Pitch key media (print and tv) to interview spokesperson and 2 of our customers
- Media train the customers and the spokesperson
- Develop fact sheet with key messages for employees
- Schedule two, one-hour training sessions for employees to attend and get briefed on their materials. They only have to attend one session.
- Put the materials on the company intranet for everyone to read and sign off that they read it
- Ask Sales team for names of 20 recent customers we can interview.
- Ask these customers for testimonials.
- Survey 50 customers for positive feedback on ECAC product/service.
- Do a Canada wide customer survey of 500 people
- Plan and execute 5 community bbq’s in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton. Work with local reps to invite community and coordinate logistics. Create an invitation they can use to invite people. We will provide budgets for food, signage, flyers, posters and venue rental.
Critical Path and GANTT
Don’t forget taxes and assigning a contingency
To increase positive media coverage about our company by 70% within 60 days.- use content analysis
Interview 10 current customers to compile positive feedback for press materials within seven days. – we received 10 positive feedbacks from customers we interviewed.
Get 10 positive customer testimonials within seven days to use in media relations strategy.- we received 10 positive testimonials from the 10 clients we interviewed.
To achieve a score of eight out of 10 on a customer satisfaction survey we will perform on 50 current customers within the next seven days.- average score was 8.5/10 on our customer satisfaction survey.
At least 80% of employees feel they have the tools they need to confidently deliver our values to potential and new customers within two weeks. – online survey to employees via intranet and 85% answered confidently
To increase comprehension by consumers of ECAC’s key messages by 70% within 30 days. – surveyed 50 customers via phone interview.
Execute five community bbq’s in the next two months for seniors in our five biggest markets in Canada to increase interest in ECAC’s products and services. – we ran 5 events and handed out customer comment cards before they left so we could gather info on customer recall of products and services.